Wonky jigsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, here's the frikkin deal! :D

My Bosch jigsaw (green diy one), which has always served me well decided to go wonky when cutting kitchen units. I replaced the blade which was now slightly bent, but the new blade does the same.
Basically what happened was i was cutting a hole in the back of the unit for access to a water isolator valve. But, not wanting to cut into the pipe i withdrew the jigsaw about half way as it was cutting so it was no longer sitting on the wood to be cut if you know what i mean. It made the cutting harder work with it vibrating all over the place, but avoided sawing the pipe i guess.
So, have i knacked the guts of the jigsaw?
Typically, i'm about ready to start cutting the laminate worktops on the new kitchen at the weekend (for the sink) and i need a reliable 'accurate' cutting tool, which this always has been with its laser line. It was really good up until this mishap.
Is it salvageable? It only cost about £40 two years ago, but was really good.
Is there a better alternative, that may cost more, but would be better?

Thanks for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
have you changed the blade and tried cutting normal wood again!!!

and if you where using a downcut blade and it pinched it would do a tango on the top ;)

Yup, changed the blade for a brand new identical (but straight) one. Tried cutting some wood which was clamped in the workbench and as you'd expect to cut it, but to follow the line i'd drawn on the wood, i was having to turn the jigsaw about 20° which is nuts.

Oh...and your joke? Boooo! Rubbissshhhhh !! Trade joke?

Sounds like the blade roller guide which is mounted on the shoe at the rear of the blade has come out of alignment, there are 2 screws that hold the shoe to the machine body which also hold the guide, release the screws, fit a new blade and then slide the roller up to the blade, reset the shoe square and tighten the screws, see how that does......

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the blade roller guide which is mounted on the shoe at the rear of the blade has come out of alignment, there are 2 screws that hold the shoe to the machine body which also hold the guide, release the screws, fit a new blade and then slide the roller up to the blade, reset the shoe square and tighten the screws, see how that does......
doh beaten to the punch again, i also think the vibration has caused the blade runner (was that not a film?) to go out of line, or perhaps a circlip has come off, start again checking/tightening everything and cut something else, the blade holding assembly roller on my bosch jigsaw broke, i was gutted but got a new assembly on the tinternet for £16 and now all is well.

oooh thread revive, thanks guys.

Yeah, i've actually cut quite a lot with it since then. But i've had to take the clear plastic shield off, turn the laser sight off as its way way out and just go by eye really.
Its been a great workhorse tbh, so i think its worth salvaging as its Bosch. Mind you, the Bosch blades don't last very long when cutting chipboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back