Wood, alluminium or UPVC window frames?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wood UPVC or alluminium? Replacing my windows, but so much choice. French doors to go in, but hate the bulky brackets they have. Is it ok to hav ealluminium on rear and UPVC on front. Wood seems so expensive. Is there a compnay called Privett windows, are they any good?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your view. I guess thats why not many people have alluminium frames. I'll prob gor for UPVC at front due to cost and they look similar to the original frames (1930s bays) and wood french doors at rear as brackets on upvc are so ugly nowadays. Prob is quote ive had isnt cheap!

Hey chillout!

Replacing windows on your home can save you up to 25% in air conditioning and heating costs a year. This reason alone makes new windows one of the most attractive investments for your home.

When you hear "aluminum windows, The very properties of aluminum that are a real asset in other situations - the fact that it's a very efficient conductor of heat and cold - aren't such a boon here, as it very efficiently conducts the outside temperature into your home instead of keeping it out. In cold weather, this also leads to condensation of moisture on the chilled glass, or even frost.

Lol, all your quotes are copied and pasted from this site

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your view. I guess thats why not many people have alluminium frames. I'll prob gor for UPVC at front due to cost and they look similar to the original frames (1930s bays) and wood french doors at rear as brackets on upvc are so ugly nowadays. Prob is quote ive had isnt cheap!

Chillout have you seen the new Irish oak pvc windows? They are quite a light colour (kind of like Beech) but actually look very nice. Was you looking for a more darker look?

I have, my only concern is that Im keepin the original arched wooden door that is currently painted white and was considerin painting it black.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back