Wood burner flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our new house has this wood burner in the lounge, it encroaches into the room as you can see, is it correctly fitted? And could I change it so the flue goes straight into the top where the hole is?

Will it effect the heat output?

Thanks

View media item 70882
Don't know why the picture is upside down?

Sponsored Links
It has a top entry and looks like there is enough space to align this without the bend.
It is likely the elbow is detachable and a straight coupler can be fitted.

It has a top entry and looks like there is enough space to align this without the bend.
It is likely the elbow is detachable and a straight coupler can be fitted.

That's great news thanks!, where would I find a straight coupler? Ebay?

Sponsored Links
Ahh, but then you won't be able to put a kettle on the top!

Good point!

I've found the make and model which is an aga much Wenlock. And they are designed to go through the top!

so at least I can track down the flue parts properly.

Thanks everyone.

Remember not to throw away the cover, screw or any seals when removing the disk for top entry, as this will then be used to seal the back entry hole up.
Just thought I would mention that, just in case.

Remember not to throw away the cover, screw or any seals when removing the disk for top entry, as this will then be used to seal the back entry hole up.
Just thought I would mention that, just in case.

Haha! Have you been talking to the missus???!!!

Many thanks prentice boy, ill post a picture when I've finished it.

Another idea would be to fit a 90deg bend/tee piece to the flue, so it still exits out the back, but would sit a few inches further into the fireplace

Maybe fit a damper too? (if the stove doesn't have one)

A T connection is the best option and then easy access to the flue for cleaning and no debris can fall into the stove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back