Wood cladded ceiling can u paper it ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a house which has a large ceiling which is cladded with dark coloured wood. Im looking to cover it with wallpaper but do not know what to go for as the wood has long groves in it which I'm worried would show through the paper. I do not want to painted as this will look out of place so if any1 has any ideas on what paper to go 4 and how to go about doing the job.

All help appreciated

Sponsored Links
For the grooves, if your going to paper it.

How about getting some "stuff wot sticks to wood yet dries hard" and filling them all in (like plastering it).

Then when you paper they should not show through.

I have a similar ceiling in our bathroom, although I will be removing it rather than paper it.

i've never done it myself but i have stripped back paper to find wooden cladding underneath and i wouldn't have known it was there before i started. line it and blown vinal over the top should do the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back