Wood Cladding for Hallway help please...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all.

Has anyone here got wood paneling in your house? ? ?

I am just looking for general DIY tips and guidance as im pretty average at decorating.

We are wanting to put some wood cladding/panelling on the lower halves of the walls in the hallway, and leave the top half wall-papered.

I think the wood paneling would look good and shouldnt be too hard to install, etc...

Is there any specific aspects i have to look for, also what rails do i need to run at either to top or bottom of the wood paneling, or both maybe? ? ?

Any specific brands or products too would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again and your help is much appreciated.

Gaz.

Sponsored Links
you can get mdf sheets with grooves or other patterns on at b n q or wicks ect
or 9mm pine on battons
if you have no specific skills but reasonably hand pick up a leaflet in store or i or somone else will post later

you can get mdf sheets with grooves or other patterns on at b n q or wicks ect
or 9mm pine on battons
if you have no specific skills but reasonably hand pick up a leaflet in store or i or somone else will post later

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

How exactly do the sheets/battons fit onto the wall? ? ? Do you have to have some runners behind the sheets to attach to? ? ?

Thanks again all.

excuse the very bad grammer in the last post :D

you can either no nails to the wall above the skirting then cap and finnish

or the way i prefer

take some battons the same thickness as the skirting [around 15mm] this allows you to leave the skirting in situ as the bottom batton
batton at the top 2 in the middle
thin line of no nails on each batton blind nail into the toungs
or a more substantial bead of no nails to affix boards with with no mechanical back up

choose 3m lengths of tounge and groove as you need 900 to 1m lengths and 2.4s will give a lot of waste

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate, much appreciated.

I understood your first post so no worries.

Do you have a link to a b&q product which you would recommend please? ? ?

Many Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back