Wood Venetian Blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased some Dark Oak Venetian Blinds, but they are slightly too wide for my windows, the next size down was too small.

Can anyone give me advice on the best tool to use to trim them down? ie: jigsaw, or manual plain old handsaw? Also for the metal fittings at the top, same saw? different saw?

I want to get this right as they were darn expensive and they will look great once fitted!

Sponsored Links
Just done mine in the kitchen and I found it best to use a junior hacksaw by taking your time and I taped all the slats (right word ?) altogether and did it in one goes. A jigsaw will do a lot of damage and a bigger hacksaw just get jammed. A job you cannot afford to rush.

I was going to ask the same question so this has also helped me, thanks!!

On the subject of wooden venetian blinds where is the best place to purchase these? I've looked in Ikea, B&Q and few other local shops but I wondered if there was somewhere quite obvious that I had missed?

James

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back