woodlice in floor space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an ongoing leak of the pipe supplying the toilet cistern in my 1st-floor ensuite bathroom.

First I knew was when the floor tiles starting lifting. It was a very slow leak but managed to saturate the chipboard.

I've taken the chipboard out in preparation for replacing it with 18mm WBP plywood.

There was some mould on the plasterboard but the joist seemed solid when I stabbed it with a screwdriver.

However I did notice a couple of woodlice present. A quick google tells me that they like damp locations and rotting plant matter.

Do I need to apply any treatment or should I just leave the area exposed to ventilation for a week to help it dry out sufficiently to become inhospitable to the woodlice.

I've attached a photo. The joist is on the left and there is a cross-brace on the right of the picture.

woodlice.JPG

Sponsored Links
remove the defect you remove the woodlice
they will move away or snuff it if the dampness is removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back