Woodworm Treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've recently moved into my new house and while preparing the attic to be insulated, I noticed a small amount of woodworm on a board up there. It's not one of the main rafters but it is screwed onto one of the rafters. Other than that, I haven't found any more signs of woodworm. To be on the safe side, I picked up some Larsen wood preservative and I have been trying to paint the whole attic with it, I'm about half way done now but my main question is, would it need two coats? The tin does say to do two coats but for the very minor woodworm, I figure one coat should do fine. My shoulders are quite bad so it's a tough job to paint it all and two coats is a very daunting task but at the same time, I want to be sure it is protected. Any input or advice would be appreciated! :D

Thanks!
-Kevin

Sponsored Links
Just use a sprayer like you do in the garden.

put a dehumidifier up there and reduce the moisture content in the wood to 10% and it'll be too dry for them to want to be there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back