Worcester 15CBI - Switches off after 30 seconds - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Worcester 15CBI boiler which is downstairs and have a water tank / pumps etc upstairs and the feeder tank in the loft. I have 2 rad's upstairs and 4 downstairs. All worked fine before I removed 2 rads to decorate. Then I put them back on and blead them, the boiler fires up but goes out after only about 30 seconds, as if it has reached temperature (there is no seperate thermostat) and sometimes the error light comes on which means I have to turn the boiler off at the mains for 5 minutes to clear it. I drained some water from the drain valve on the last rad in the system which improved things for a few days then it got gradually worse even though I was still bleeding from the drain valve on a daily basis.

Next I drained the system by tying the ballcock up in the feeder tank and emptying the system from the drain valve, filled back up from the feeder tank and blead the last rad 1st, then worked backwards but I'm back to square 1, it only stays on for about 30 seconds even if I try opening the drain valve for a bit it gets no better.

It makes me think it's an air lock somewhere but the 2 of the rads downstairs never emptied and 1 doesn't have a drain valve on it so not sure whether this could be storing the air lock, when I bleed the rad it's always full, even when the system is empty. Open the drain valve in the bathroom and nothing comes out even though the rad is full.

From reading some forums it looks like I should have put a cleanser in the tank before I filled it up and should have vented the system before I fired the boiler back up, I didn't do either so what should I do next? How do you vent a system as I've drained it again now but once again can't empty two of the downstairs rads.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back