Worcester 230 bulkhead isolating valves leaking. Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just registered on here in the hope that someone can tell me how to remove my leaking CH in and out isolating valves on my worcester 230 combi boiler. I have disconected both copper pipes going into the valves but how do you get them out the bulkhead? The nut boiler side of the valves won't move, is it reverse thread or something? Boiler was starting to pull off wall! Any guidance much appreciated. I have uploaded pictures to show the valves, they have black silicone on them as I was trying to seal the leak :oops:

Sponsored Links
Those hex nuts will need to be undone. Clean them and apply wd40 and leave before attempting removal. Another method would be to clean and then heat them up and tap them off. They will unscrew anti clockwise viewed from above the valves.

Thank you very much mate! I thought they were part of the boiler frame. The nut above the big hex, does that just unscrew anti clockwise as well? It seems to be solid

Sponsored Links
If you are talking about the slim centre nut this will not undo, it locks onto the plate to stop the valve moving whilst the top and bottom nut are tightened, the top nuts should loosen quite easily, once the top nut is loosened the valve should drop out, there may be a clip holding it in place thay will need to be taken out.

Your in for a good few hours work there. Why are our resident handymen keeping quiet? They would replace them for £27.

Drain the boiler, and heat em up with a blowtorch. Get em bloody hot. You may get away with that. Its worked for me many times.

Right i'm a bit confused now. There is a top nut, big middle hex nut, and bottom nut below the valve. Is the middle hex nut part of the bulkhead and can't be turned? Is it just the nut above and below it that are to be removed?

Why is there a hex shaped nux on the bulkhead if they just drop out? Am I being completely thick or what?? :confused:

Heat worked a treat but I still cant get the valves out. How do they actually come out the bulkhead? Chap them out or do they run on a thread?

It's beyond leak sealer. Please look at the picture in my album. Someone must know if the big hex nut just above the valve on the metal bulkhead comes off or not. Am i chapping it off with a chisel? How does the valve come out?

Helpful post mate!! Look at the state of you!! Nut came off with a couple of chaps with a chisel. Hard question eh!!

I'm so sorry, I completely forgot we are all here to serve all your requests free of charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back