Worcester 240 BF, blowing fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got the above boiler, it's recently had a new driver board. Yesterday morning it blew the 2A fuse, marked 2A SLOW on the driver board after the heating had been on for about 10 minutes.

Got a pack of 10 fuses from Maplin, the guy assured me they were correct, changed the fuse, it was fine for about 20 minutes, then it blew again. Replaced the fuse again, but when I plugged the boiler back in to the mains the fuse blew straight away - no heating or hot water on.

Any idea what's up with it? Could the driver board be muffed?

Thanks for any help

Dave

Sponsored Links
Most comon thing to blow a fuse on a 240 would be the pump, then the fan.The board itself wont blow the fuse but could get damaged if you blow too many. Do you have the abilaty to test the pump ? Just rememberd one other thing sometimes the diverter valve will leak from the spindle into the micro switch head, check for mousture with the POWER OFF.
p s The pump can sometimes smell when its faulty, the smell you get from a burnt out motor,not very scientific but so .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back