Worcester 240 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 240 which trips on overtemperature a few seconds after I turn off the bath tap. This doesn't happen with say just a sink full of water or the shower.
It quite often makes an unpleasant noise when I shut off any hot water tap, depending on how long and at what rate it's been running at. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the heat exchanger is on its way out, have you noticed a drop in water pressure on the DHW side?

Reduced flow at hot water tap would not cause the boiler to overheat- it would modulate to reduce flame size. If even this was too much, the burner would go out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I haven't 'noticed' a drop in pressure knightrider, I'll try the flush first then I'll take it from there. A new Heat Exhanger sounds ominous and expensive maybe I should think of replacing the boiler when I get back home. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back