worcester 240 CH fine HW cuts out after 10 mins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester 240 that has a problem with the hot water.
CH runs ok no problems. When I turn on a hot water tap/shower runs ok for about 5-8 mins then makes a noise like an plane flying overhead and the unit trips.
I have flushed the water-water heat exchanger and checked the operation of the diverter valve.

Any Ideas

Bill

Sponsored Links
It needs a new secondry heat ex,even if its been flushed its still not fixed,if your in the game (corgi reg) xxxxxxxxxxxx

Suggestion removed. Potemtially dangerous. Mod 10

It needs a new secondry heat ex,even if its been flushed its still not fixed,if your in the game (corgi reg) then xxxxxxxxxxxx

I consider this to be bad advice as the poster may see this as a cure, and not diagnostic !! :eek:

Agreed Mod 10

It needs a new secondry heat ex,even if its been flushed its still not fixed,if your in the game (corgi reg) then xxxxxxxxxxxx

I consider this to be bad advice as the poster may see this as a cure, and not diagnostic !! :eek:

Come on lads, give the lad a break He's trying to be helpful and everyone seems to be jumping all over him. (yes, I know about the different usernames and sometimes stupid previous posts) If we were to assume that every poster looking for advice is a complete idiot then it wouldn't be worth having this forum as all that could be offered is "get someone in".

Suggested action would be illegal and potentially dangerous. Mod 10

Sponsored Links
I managed to luck onto the solution myself, If you are interested when I refilled the system after partial drain when fitting a new radiator I put in some cleaning fluid. What I think happened this product cleaned the HW heat exchanger and made it more efficient. The resultant efficency caused the system to overheat and trip out. I turned down the HW temperature pot and the system has been working fine since.

Hope this is the final solution until I can change out the boiler (its a bit knackered anyway) Thanks again and have a warm and happy new year
Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back