Worcester 240 RSF Intermittent Temp drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Worcester 240 RSF which has been giving me a few issues. Around two weeks ago it has started cutting out intermittently for around 10 seconds then fires back up. This happens when either hot water or CH is demanded.

I have changed both thermistors and the main PCB but the boiler is still acting up. There is no pressure loss throughout the system.

Can anyone help? I understand the boiler is old but as I've only just purchased this property I'd rather not have to upgrade it so soon.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to keep harping on but can anyone help? Another forum suggested a Gas Reg engineer however all they suggested was replacing the unit due to the age...

You have a gas/combustion issue and we dont give DIY advice on those aspects to DIYers.

The obvious advice is to get a gas reg engineer or to decide to replace the boiler.

The boiler is quite old but still repairable. However its at the age where replacement is not a bad idea.

When you bought the property makes no difference to the age of the boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Many thanks for the reply.

I understand that advice like this can prove fatal to many if done incorrectly. I was hoping it wasn't that section of the boiler. As for the age and house etc it's more about funds etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back