Worcester 24CDI CH (Pilot light) Problem

Read his reply this morning Sat 11 at 5:41am Quote: No problem's as far as I can remember, then I got a new gas meter put in (pre-pay to quarterly) but the guy did not turn off the combi unit when he took the old meter out and put in the new meter, he then turned all the control knobs upto full but we had them on about 2 not the max. After that we started to notice that the flame detection indicator light was going off after a short while when we put on the C/H.

Put thermostat back to two and leave for a day and see how the boiler now behaves.

Sponsored Links
John.B said:
Read his reply this morning Sat 11 at 5:41am
Assuming that this is directed at me, is there something that makes you think that I hadn't already read that?

John.B said:
Put thermostat back to two and leave for a day and see how the boiler now behaves.
I'd already read that as well, first thing this morning :rolleyes:

Ok Softus Q1) 1 bar Q2) warm Q3) near 2 bar with the grey hand is the max I have seen it upto Q4) yes a little red hand that points at 1 bar Q5) dont know how the vent the system, thanks.

sw1000xg said:
Ok Softus Q1) 1 bar Q2) warm Q3) near 2 bar with the grey hand is the max I have seen it upto Q4) yes a little red hand that points at 1 bar Q4) dont know how the vent the system, thanks.
Q1) ok (in view of the answer to Q4); Q2) hmm, ok; Q3) ok; Q4) good; Q5) Well it's about you learned then!

For venting, search the forum (although the search tool is badly injured) for "venting".

Make sure that boiler is off while venting. You'll need a vent key (or keys), some paper tissue, and you'll need to pressurise the system afterwards. And probably during too.

Sponsored Links
Chill out Softus, I was only reading his posts and going back to the point where his problems started. By doing this, you can build a picture of what the problems are.

John.B said:
Chill out Softus
Not aware of being anything but chilled at this end.

John.B said:
I was only reading his posts and going back to the point where his problems started. By doing this, you can build a picture of what the problems are.
Really. A curious method of fault finding, IMHO, but I'm nothing if not open-minded.

So what picture have you 'built'?

The bottom line is ( i think ) is get a chap in, who knows what to look for, and have done with it.
:D

Hm. Perhaps that should go into the "please read this first topic" - don't ask any questions, or expect any answers, just "get a chap in" :confused:

Softus you seem to doubt my ability to diagnose boiler faults. I am 44 years old self-employed and been a heating engineer since I was 16. Since I was 20 I have been working on my own unsupervised and diagnosing boiler and heating problems daily for a well established firm and then the last 15 years working for myself. Other local tradesmen are only too willing to recommend my services as they know I am an honest and time served tradesman. If in your opinion my diagnosis procedure is suspect, then please give me your advice on how you perform fault finding as I obviosly dont know how to do it properly. Well done Softus, thats twice in three months you've doubted my abilities, how on earth did I manage those other 28 years without your expert guidance.

John.B said:
Softus you seem to doubt my ability to diagnose boiler faults.
Not my words, but if the cap fits then by all means wear it.

Regarding fault-finding on this problem, you posted on this topic some three days after it was created, and you seem to regard yourself as the expert, brandishing credentials and experience left right and centre. It does strike me that you're a little sensitive, and perhaps not very confident about this one, but by all means continue your line of enquiry, which I was happily ignoring until you pointed a posting directly at me (Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:47 pm).

John.B said:
If in your opinion my diagnosis procedure is suspect, then please give me your advice on how you perform fault finding as I obviosly dont know how to do it properly. Well done Softus, thats twice in three months you've doubted my abilities
Really? That's sounds like a grudge to me, and I have no memory of either eventuality.

As I half-suspected, it isn't me who needs to do the chilling. If you can't manage without sarcasm, then at least make it amusing - this (above) is just dull.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back