worcester 24cdi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have worcester 24 cdi boiler bout 9 years old. ive noticed a drop in water pressure from the hot and cold taps in the last few days prob bout half the pressure i had before. then couple days ago i came down one morn cause i thought i could here a tap running when i got to kitchen i could hear water running through the boiler andd could also hear it running through certain radiators yet the boiler wasnt even switched on . i turned mains water off but this is still constantly happening it doesnt stop, im still getting hot water from tap and when put ch on it works ok, can anyone help me with problem please the noise is driving me mad lol. thanks phil

Sponsored Links
Has there been any change to the pressure shown on the dial on the boiler? How long did you turn your mains off for? Has there been any discharge from the pressure relief pipe?

Has there been any change to the pressure shown on the dial on the boiler? How long did you turn your mains off for? Has there been any discharge from the pressure relief pipe?
Hi there no there has been no drop in pressure the dial is ok had the mains off allday while i was out cause was worried if there mite b a burst while i was out. and ive checked relief valve outside theres no water coming out of that pipe

Sponsored Links
How can the water still run if the stop cock is shut?
hi there no what i mean is when i turn the mains stop cock off this running water noise in the boiler and rads is still there so it seems to b on the heating side off it. although the pressure has dropped on my hot and cold taps as well and the pressure on the dial is fine.

Hi there no there has been no drop in pressure the dial is ok had the mains off allday while i was out cause was worried if there mite b a burst while i was out. and ive checked relief valve outside theres no water coming out of that pipe
to try and define the noise its just like you have a tap constantly running in the kitchen and u can hear it all through ur pipes. if that helps lol

to try and define the noise its just like you have a tap constantly running in the kitchen and u can hear it all through ur pipes. if that helps lol
the noise is like when ur filling ur boiler up through ur key filling loop but i havnt got the filling loop open,

your mains pipe is leaking, probably somewhere under the floor, do you have a stopcock at the property boundary if so turn it off and the noise will stop.

your mains pipe is leaking, probably somewhere under the floor, do you have a stopcock at the property boundary if so turn it off and the noise will stop.
i will check that out but they are all concrete floors and when i turn the normal stop cock off in house this noise through boiler and heating pipes still there.

Thats why I wrote turn the water off at the boundary, your mains water is leaking before the internal stopcock.

If you turn the electic power off at the fused spur to the boiler, does this stop the water circulation noise ?

you need to turn off the power to the boiler and turn off the main also then get back to us

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back