worcester 24cdi/RSF problem no light at all, please help

I did the continuity for the cables between the boiler and FCU using a multimeter. The cables are fine. I connected the boiler to alternative power from a wall socket (I changed the 13 A fuse to 3A) and am very happy to find that the boiler still work although I already paid £100 for the parts that I won't need any more.

I have not done the continuity test for the cables between FCU and main-power-supply. I opened the air-switch box in the main-power-junction-box and have no idea why the colour of cables is different (red, black green, don't spot any loose coonection) from the colour in FCU-switch-on/off (red, black, yellow&green). I guess there is another juntion hidding somewhere for the cables between the FCU and main-power-supply. The neutral cable may be loose there.
I do have to find a professional to solvent the problem now. Thanks for everyone. I do learn a lot from your reply. Maybe the information you gave is not rocket science truely it is very helpful may even save my life since I may touch the cables without understand the danger.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back