Worcester 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Worcester 24cdi combi boiler its 13 years old and i want to replace it.

Preferably I would like a Worcester again but would like some advice on other makes which are on par with Worcester but definitely not Alpha. I have 8 rads which it feeds and a shower which isn t electric. I would also like to be able to regulate the hot water via the boiler and the central heating.

Can't think of anything else, thank you

Sponsored Links
I would go for a Worcester 28cdi compact. It's still 24 kW on heating but with better hot water delivery and seeing as you have a mixer shower you would see better performance as long your incoming mains water supply is adequate.

That model only needs replacing depending on its condition, not age. Could easily last 20 years with care.

Sponsored Links
I am changing because thus far in the past six months, the expansion vessel has packed up, the letting by valve has packed up twice, the key to fill the boiler is temperamental the boiler is noisy and now the timer dial keeps falling out, the pressure keeps dropping yet there are no leaks Its becoming an expense and it blocks Quarter of the tiny window in the kitchen, other than that its fine

Nearly all the faults you list could happen to your new boiler within the first 2 years if not properly maintained. All your problems result from corners cut during or no servicing. Also explains having to over use the filling key.

New boilers are pretty much the same size and unless moved will also block the window!

Why change it?

Could new one be fitted rotated 90° to the current one?

Tony

This boiler has been serviced every year since it was put in, by british gas, anyways, can I still buy the heat timer programmer thing on the front for it as I cant find them on the t'internet anywhere, please.

This boiler has been serviced every year since it was put in, by british gas, anyways, can I still buy the heat timer programmer thing on the front for it as I cant find them on the t'internet anywhere, please.

Did BG really service it as required by the makers?

Or was it just a "safety check" by doing a flue gas analysis?

Did they even open the boiler?

Tony

God knows if they actually did anything, it was the wife who always sees to BG man, I asked her, she doesn't know, think I will take a day off on the next service, anyways does anybody know where I can get a new timer from?

What plan are you with BG? Is it costing you £50 per call out? If not get them in and find the clock, not seen a WB yet that I couldn't get one even at that age.

Hello again,

Thank you for your replies previously "along time ago". Our boiler is being changed for definite now as we have bought a new kitchen. I don't want to have to change the boiler after this kitchen has been fitted.

What I would like advice on is which model of Worcester I need. We have 8 rads with thermostatic valves and one shower which isnt electric and doesn't have a pump, it works perfectly well off of the current combi boiler Worcester 24cdi.

Thank you to thevbperson that suggested a 28cdi is this definitely good enough as I am going to buy one soon. BTW the water pressure is good.

Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back