Worcester 24i combi-DHW OK - no CH

So I take it you can't point me to the rule that states that a RGI can't repair a defective solder joint....why don't you just say that instead of dragging other things into the debate.

I don't need to "go on a gas course. Or buy a training book" as I don't work in this field.

You have quite a self righteous attitude don't you. A lot of the time in your posts I detect a modicum of contempt towards anyone that isn't a RGI on this & other forums. Unsurprisingly a lot of the time when you are faced with anyone who is prepared to give you a good argument your posts seem to follow the same patten, you pull the "Are you a RGI" albeit in not so many words, just like you did with me when you asked:
There were also some articles in the CORGI magazine about 3-6 years ago. Dont you remember them?

If you are so sure of the fact that a RGI is not allowed to remake a defective solder joint just post a link to the rule that says so and stop undermining others with that attitude of yours.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
This post was started by Dave to whom I gave some advice.

You are not an RGI therefore you have no professional need to know about the legislation. In any case I did state where it was but that went over your head.

I posted here to help the OP and not to enter a pointless argument about something totally unrelated.

Why should I waste my time quoting legislation to someone who just wants to have an argument. You should go to the Screwfix forum for arguments.

When I dont answer your pointless request, you just start to be abusive. Bit like a drunk in the pub when no one will talk to him!

GSUR = Gas Safety & use regulation's Regulation 26 , guidance note 169
state's

Nothing should be done to a gas appliance which result's in it no longer complying with the standard's to which it purport's to comply , ie as required by the comformity ( Ce) marking on the appliance . Any repair to a gas appliance , for instance involving use of refurbished or reconditioned part's should be done in a way which ensure's safety standard's are maintained . Installer's should refer to manu's specification's/ instruction's & appropriate standard's !!!!!!!!!

You are not an RGI therefore you have no professional need to know about the legislation. In any case I did state where it was but that went over your head.
I asked you to show me the legislation to back up your statement of "Its not correct for an engineer to "repair" a PCB" & you replied that Under GSUR any components used for gas have to be designed for that purpose"....despite me asking on 2 occasions what GSUR was & you never answered the question.

I posted here to help the OP and not to enter a pointless argument about something totally unrelated.
It's hardly unrelated now is it...the OP's fault was defective solder joints on the PCB, that's what the " pointless argument " as you have termed it is about.

Why should I waste my time quoting legislation to someone who just wants to have an argument. You should go to the Screwfix forum for arguments.
On the contrary I don't want to argue with you, that said I'm not going to agree with anything I don't believe to be true either, I was seeking clarification about the statement you made regarding repairing a solder joint on a PCB.

When I dont answer your pointless request, you just start to be abusive. Bit like a drunk in the pub when no one will talk to him!
Well at least you acknowledge the fact that you didn't answer my questions to what GSUR meant, I would hardly call that a pointless request.
I've haven't been abusive to you, I told the truth, you do have a self righteous attitude towards anyone that is not a RGI questioning your judgement....a point that I think you have aptly demonstrated with your statements in your last few posts!

I feel my point has been clearly made during this thread, so we'll just let the readers judge for themselves who has the bad attitude.

To sum up as to whether remaking a solder joint on a PCB is allowed or not, judging from guidance note 169 I would say yes.
I'm confident that any electronics engineer would agree that remaking a defective solder joint would in no way be considered as altering the PCB from manufactures specifications.

I rest my case.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I doubt that there is any specific regulation concerning wether or not u can resolder a pcb , & providing it is done in a profesional manner I doubt that any one could tell ?????????

However there is a probably a bit of a grey area concerning refurbed pcb's , or pattern part's , one can buy a pattern pcb for a suprima at a lower , cost than the original , probably just as good ??? fan's ect ect , the problem is what happen's in the event of an incident or if something go's wrong ??? which is than blamed onto the part ??? one would probably fall foul of some reg , written by some pencil pusher ??? that's the risk we take ??? (If risk is the right word ???) Corgi did publish some guidance year's ago , let's face it boiler manu's don't actually manufacture much any way , just purchase some one else's part's put them in there packaging & rip us all off ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back