worcester 24i not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Got a worcester 24i combi. Its been playing up for a day or 2. heating on but boiler goes out after 30 mins or so. Only way to relight has been to turn off heating and turn tap on. Boiler then lights and stays on for a bit. When off it constantly tries to relight re ignition but nothing happens.

Today i turned it on it lit. Went out came home it was off. Tried to light. nothing happened. Fan is running. Tried hotwater makes all right noises but does not light and has stopped sparking. Went upstairs with heating left in on position and heard a bang. Mrs said it lit for a moment then whoomp. Still not working.

Any ideas much appreaciated.

Thanks
Stanna

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if there may be a problem with the gas combustion aspects and that would required a competent CORGI engineer.

Presumably you have never had it serviced and that may have a bearing on the problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back