Worcester 24i RSF-L problem lighting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, New on this forum hope you guys/gals can help, my boiler wont ignite on heating side, hotwater side no problem turn on tap heypresto boiler lights.
Turn heating on pump runs ok but no ignition, but if i turn hot water tap on boiler lights if i then turn water tap off the boiler stays lit? turn heating off then put it back on no ignition.
come on put your caps on and send some ideas my way.
Thanks in advance Mick.

Sponsored Links
Thats a slightly difficult fault and if everything else has been checked could be the PCB.

But the CH sensor needs checking first as thats £14 and the PCB is about £140 !

Tony

Hi, Thanks for reply is the central heating sensor the front one or the one at rear?, the one at rear has a resistance of around 1.9 ohms, the front one shwing open circuit.
Thanks Mick.

Sponsored Links
I expect the one at the back is really an overheat stat!

The one at the front might be a faulty heating sensor! That could be the cause of your problem.

But you need to look at the boiler manual to ensure that you are correctly identifying the problem.

As a trial you could place a 10k resistor across the leads to the presumed sensor and see if that makes it work ( on test only! ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back