Worcester 24i RSF - Central Heating wont fire up on its own?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am have problems with my Worcester 24i RSF. The central heating does not turn on automatically. When the timer tries to turn the heating on the pump and fan sound like they are running but it makes no attempt to fire up the boiler. You can leave it for halve an hour and it still won't have fired up. However if you turn on the hot taps it fires up straight away and the heating stays on once the tap has been turned off. So it seems as if the boiler is generally working just not starting up properly. The hot water is working fine. The boiler pressure look ok and the system has been drained out a few time recently.

My initial thoughts are it is the heating thermistor or the control board. Does anyone know the correct resistance values for the thermistors so I can check them. Also does anyone know is a source of cheap / reconditioned controller boards. Or has any better ideas what my problem might be.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back