Worcester 28 CDI Flame Gone Out - Can't restart?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Worcester 28CDI Combi Boiler was working fine this afternoon but now I can't get it to ignite.

I've tried the usual resetting the boiler, but there is simply no ignition, only the red CH demand light flashing slowly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i think the slow ch light flash points to burner lockout.

I think you would need someone competent in as this requires checking the gas valve,harness and ignition etc. There is not a lot you can do!

is your gas supply on etc? gas at the hob??

get someone out but always bear in mind that worcester do a fixed fee of £210 for a fix no matter how many parts they put on ( just in case some wide boy looks and quotes £300 for a gas valve or pcb etc)

...I've tried the usual resetting the boiler, but there is simply no ignition, only the red CH demand light flashing slowly.

Any ideas?

Thanks
My idea is that you have a problem with the boiler that should have been looked at a long time ago, and now it has gone from bad to worse.
Either that, or you haven't paid your gasbill.

Sponsored Links
is your gas supply on etc? gas at the hob??

get someone out but always bear in mind that worcester do a fixed fee of £210 for a fix no matter how many parts they put on ( just in case some wide boy looks and quotes £300 for a gas valve or pcb etc)

Gas supply is fine.

Thanks, didn't realise WB did a fixed call out fee.

Managed to find a manual and does correspond with Fail Point H. One question though as I can't see a spark, would you be able to see the spark across the electrodes through the spy glass or would that need the inner cover removing?

Oh dear, we have a dangerous DIY gas person who wants to take the boiler apart to try to do his own gas repairs!

We do NOT give advice on DIY gas repairs here!

Tony

Absolutely not and I wouldn't expect ANY advice on DIY gas repairs!

I'm not a "dangerous DIY gas person" and would never attempt gas repairs on any gas appliance.

I was trying to estimate the likely cost and if to go for the WB fixed fee as I assume the control board will be the most expensive and the spark electrode, HT leads the least.

No way you can estimate the cost with a fault like this because it could be a number of different problems

For £185.00 WB came out, spent 5 minutes in the house and did nothing, not a spanner out, told customer wrong information and they paid me to alter to sealed system, it didn't fix the problem, and still had to pay to get boiler fixed, you might be better with the £300.00 wide boy and at least get it fixed, it cost my customer a lot more in the end.

Thanks for all the advice, all sorted! :D

Decided against the WB fixed price and instead called a local company. Engineer diagnosed the problem almost immediately - it was the fan. After some lubrication the fan started spinning and the boiler fired up. A few more checks and the engineer was on his way, a huge saving on the WB fixed price!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back