Worcester 280 rsf air problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to a friends tomorrow to cast an eye over their Worcester 280, Worcester man has been and replaced the fan, the boiler will only work if the combustion door is opened, they reckon all it needs is one screw undone very very slightly is all it needs to get the boiler to fire, the Worcester guy reckons the flue may have a hairline crack in it, the flue is the max 3m apparently and not all accessible.

This boiler has worked ok for the last 8 years or more.

I had a very similar experience with a Ravenheat and it was a blocked venturi on the fan, anyway, anyone got any ideas before ceilings have to come down to pull the flue to bits.

If you don't want to discuss it here, private message me thanks.

Sponsored Links
most Ravenheats (csi ) as far as I am aware use a positive pressure to open the aps ? as oposed to most other boilers which are negative (suction) opening' , does not the worc use negative pressure ??

sounds like a flue prob ?? how come u do not go into the CC , there is a shed load of imfo ( down loadable ) at your disposal !!!!!!!!!

I cant remember whether the 280 is pos or neg casing, I will find out tomorrow.

Yea I will get round to the cc at some point.........

Sponsored Links
I would be doing that and washing the impeller with water.

Tony

The first thing I will check will be the aps and tubes, I think you missed the fact the Worcester guy fitted a new fan, that was yesterday, going for a ride first, then lunch then going to have a look :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back