worcester 28cdi Boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. :D Can anyone solve this problem or put forward any similiar experiences. My boiler works fine when distributing hot water,but as soon as I demand the central heating to work-it causes my house fusebox(rcb) to trip??? Any ideas? This only started last night. A very cold morning it is today. :cry:

Sponsored Links
I presume this is a heat only boiler.

The fault is likely to be a leak inside a motor valve.

Search on a few posts and you will see the kind of things to do. Also look at the FAQ on this site.

Tony

It will more than likely be one of a few things causing it to trip on CH mode if the boiler used to work fine. One cause can be a short curcuit in the boiler caused by a water leak or two worn wires connecting. Also check the pump operation if that has stopped it can cause the system to trip out.

Best way to check is to isolate the boiler from each electrical component i.e. pump, fan etc. and connect one at a time and switch on after each one. When system trips out thats your culprit and it may need replaced.

Hope this helps you out.

Also would recommend using a gas safe registered guy as it will be affecting the combustion process thus making it illegal for you to do so!

Kev

Sponsored Links
Doubt very much if its a fan causing it mate... fan runs in HW as well...
Thats IF the boiler even has a fan.
Again unlikely its the pump as will run on HW (unless gravity)

Make and model of boiler would be useful

Doubt very much if its a fan causing it mate... fan runs in HW as well...
Thats IF the boiler even has a fan.
Again unlikely its the pump as will run on HW (unless gravity)

Make and model of boiler would be useful

Well by reading the heading of the post i managed to determine it does have a fan as it clearly says its a worcester 28cdi!!!!!

Kev

The cdi bit was added to the post title after I posted hence why Tony guessed it was heat only and ben guessed at cdi. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions gents. I finally narrowed it down to:- yes the boiler does work perfectly on HW & CH. The problem I thought was the thermostat? So, I did an ohms test on the wire between the thermo & terminal connection(thermo) on the boiler. My readings were ambiguous. So I disconnected the thermo wires in boiler and bridged the connection(thus rendering the thermo unoperationable) thereby using the CH dial to actitivate for demand. This works perfectly,so the problem now is to locate where that breakdown in the wiring is and replace? This is going to be hard because most of the wiring is plastered over & partly exposed.
Once again-Thanks for your inputs! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back