Worcester 28cdi filling loop replacement and still problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently changed the filling loop on my boiler, it was definitely broken, but now I have a problem with both ch and water, I think that I may not have commissioned the system properly when I changed the filling loop. The water and central heating will work for a while then the lights start flashing, can someone tell me the procedure for commissioning the system, I've tried reading the manual but can't understand it, so that I can try this before calling an expert, which I haven't got the money for, credit crunch and ever increasing costs of children.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Which lights are flashing and in what 'sequence'?
I.e.... CH and HW together and/or flashing slowly?

Whats the pressure at in the boiler now?
How was the filling loop broken?

Which lights are flashing and in what 'sequence'?
I.e.... CH and HW together and/or flashing slowly?

Whats the pressure at in the boiler now?
How was the filling loop broken?

The grey knob to let water into the system on the filling loop would not close fully, so the system kept filling up until the pressure was over the end of the scale, plus water would come out of the loop if the filling key was taken out ( the key had kindly been left in there by BG engineer who fixed one problem and left me another, which unfortunately I did not find out about until I went to bleed the radiators outside of the guarantee period).

The lights flash fast depending on which is being used, so HW flashes if this is being used, CH when that is on. The pressure on the system is 1.5bar, so no longer off the scale.

Thanks for responding, all help appreciated.

Make sure you have not got any air locks in the boiler circuit.

Has this boiler got an automatic air vent some where? If so, sometimes they are shut with a small plastic cap screwed up tight. Undo cap and let air out.

Also let air out at the pump, large screw! cloth at the ready!

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Thanks for that, tried the bleeding the pump and there is no plastic cap on the air vent but no success but have realised my post about the flaching lights was inaccurate. The light that flashes is the water flow one, the one with the tap symbol above it, which flashes after running the CH or HW for a short while. Any other suggestions otherwise will have to give up and call an expert in and eat into money for Christmas? : :(

Thanks for help so far, even tho' no cure yet.

DB

Reading my old MI's fast flash represents air flow fault, fail point J 'air pressure fault', page 45.

You changed the filling loop ok and that is quite involved, draining it down etc. Hopefully no water got onto the PCB whilst doing so. :!:

Apart from you following the fault finding sequence, its probably a good idea to get an engineer in as it will save you having to replace parts on a try it and see basis. What you saved on the DIY filling loop repair, will have to be put against this other fault :cry:

Thanks for that, looked at the fault finding sequence and it seems beyond my limited ability, have an engineer booked for tomorrow morning, so hopefully will have it sorted and at not too much cost, fingers crossed, but thanks.

DB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back