Worcester 28CDi Hot Water works, but Central Heating doesn't

Sponsored Links
So weve got fan,pump,have you tried just blowing down aps tube when its trying to ignite

I would be dubious about buying off the net,if i was working for a customer but i have bought 2 parts for worcesters from ebay,both sound,i got a pcb for a standard 24 i combi and it came as id get it from local supplier.I went to a job were he had bought a fan off ebay,for a ferroli,£135 and it wasnt that anyway,and it didnt work,so be careful

Sponsored Links
i know it works on h/water but take tube off aps and gently blow or suck and see

ok, i'll give that a go. again just to be sure.. is it the red pipe or the white one that i remove? and do i remove it from the aps or the burner?

apstube.jpg

Jason,just undo the easiest one and leave it connected top the aps,then jkusty try bl;owing down or suckig very lightly,and if it fires then clean it out the tubes ,just take them off and blow them clear,and the venturi,i get told by all the others that i am wrong to tell people to do things like this as its a corgi reg fellas job,but if you can fix it for free then great

Jason,just undo the easiest one and leave it connected top the aps,then jkusty try bl;owing down or suckig very lightly,and if it fires then clean it out the tubes ,just take them off and blow them clear,and the venturi,i get told by all the others that i am wrong to tell people to do things like this as its a corgi reg fellas job,but if you can fix it for free then great

just tried your suggestion. it caused the APS to click and the boiler to fire up, the fan however remains off. Pipes are clear. The problem is that that the fan still immediately clicks on and off when the c/h is switched on.

(Fan works no problem with h/w)

Jason,pcb,mate,i was talking to worcester technical today ,over a boiler i was at and asked him about yours and he said "try the sensors,clear tubes,"told him weve done that and he said pcb,so we tried anyway,i will be careful were you buy it,just dont go for the cheapest make sure they have some good words said about them

Jason,the prices are mad,ive seen then for £280.I seen one for £110,ive got 2, recon pcb's,i repair the pcb's that are expensive most times its just a relay or just new solder is needed,so i will send you one that i know works and if it is the fault on yours send me the old one and i will fix it and i havent lost out and you havent,i sent a fella a gas valve for his ferrolli id had it for 2 years wrapped away in bubble wrap and he couldnt get one and they wanted £200 or about that so i sent him it he got a fella in and bingo working.I get stick for keeping used spares but i work for a insurance firm as well as my own work and this week i had 6 breakdowns in one day and rang them ,got the model of each boiler and took every spare i had for them boilers and i repaired 5 of them ,the only one i didnt fix was a ravenheat,id used the only fan i had last week,so i will send you a pcb,just send me the old one.ok mate

Alan, many thanks for that offer of a replacement PCB to try.
I managed to get hold of another PCB from another local source. The replacement part was tested and should worked.

So I took out the old PCB and installed the other one.

Switched the C/H on and it fired up for about 2 minutes before I heard the fan switch off, and then soon after the 'Air Pressure Fault' light flashing started and the burner cut out.

So switched everything off and then back on again and gave it another go
and it's back to the fault described in my first post.

So not the PCB either?

Frustrating..... 3 weeks without c/h.

Any other ideas?

Personally i've only had problems with the primary sensor and fan not going to high speed when req CH. Change both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back