Worcester 28cdi pressurised even aftrer draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently had cause to drain the system for decorating purposes, which I've done a few times before without problem. However when I refilled the system, even though I stopped filling long before the pressure gauge reached 1 bar and bled the air from the radiators, the pressure kept rising (slowly) until it was over 2 bars.

I should note that on previous occasions there has been a delayed pressure rise, which is why I stop filling at about 0.5 bars anyway and wait for things to settle, draining off extra if necessary. This time, however, I have drained and bled the whole system and the gauge still reads about 2.

Is it likely to be a faulty gauge or is there some kind of localised pressure build-up?

BTW. I'm not planning on filling it again/testing it until somebody qualified looks at it (unless there's an obvious, easy solution), I'd just like to understand a little more first.

Sponsored Links
daft question but you havnt closed the valves on the flow and return pipe have you ?

Sponsored Links
daft question but you havnt closed the valves on the flow and return pipe have you ?

No, haven't played with anything other than the filling loop at the boiler - though interestingly I have located a dripping coming from the topmost pipe connected to the water-to-water heat exchanger.

I had assumed it was just residual water from when the filling loop was used, but it has kept on dripping and the pressure has dropped a little (about 0.2 bars) from what it was at this morning... does this indicate it may not just be the gauge?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back