Worcester 28CDI Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just had the diaphram changed on my boiler. I have noticed over the last week or two that the central heating temperature does not change wherever you put the dial whether it be on 1 or 4, pretty much the same with the water, moving it from 4 to 1 makes no difference to the temperature it remains very hot at all times.

I read in the owners manual that the central heating can be set up in 2 ways, 1 where the boiler fires up full until the rad trvs shut the system of or 2, where the dial on the front controls the temperature of the water to the radiators.

i have trvs on all bar one of the radiators but i am sure previous to the diaphram change that the dial did change the radiator temperature.

Can anybody help me with this before i call them back out as it is under the BG service package

Sponsored Links
By any chance was the PCB changed? Its not uncommon for the spindle onto the potentiometer to snap and therefore become useless?

Thanks for the reply

the PCB was not changed as far as i am aware, it took the guy about 5 hours to change the diaphram as the first time it leaked and the second time he left an o ring out, had to feel sorry for him the boiler is in quite a small area and to say he lost a few pounds in sweat is an understatement, but could not fault his working practices etc, very polite and did a good cleanup after himself

Then he had to come back as the heating would not work due to an air lock it would only work once it had been left on max for 4 - 5 hours

is there an easy way of confirmin gif the potentiometer has snapped etc rendering the dials useless??

Thanks

Jasper

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply

the PCB was not changed as far as i am aware, it took the guy about 5 hours to change the diaphram as the first time it leaked and the second time he left an o ring out, had to feel sorry for him the boiler is in quite a small area and to say he lost a few pounds in sweat is an understatement, but could not fault his working practices etc, very polite and did a good cleanup after himself

Jasper

Thats why I recommend people get Worcester to repair them.

They are a pain to work on and when I got a trainee to do one a couple of months it took him 2.25 hours even with my help.

It was for a friend of mine and I was just showing the trainee why they should be avoided!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back