Worcester 28CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I got a Worcester 28CDI boiler for hot water and heating in the house. But every time when I turn it on, the central heating indicator keep flashing which means ignition out and there is not hot water, but after I press the reset button few times, it works. However, when I use it for shower, the water are from very cold and then gradually become very hot, and then become very cold again and keep repeating the cycle every time.It can't hold it in a temperature . Is this suppose to happen? Also, the pressure gauge indicate the pressure is 0.5. I would like to ask is there anyone can help me?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
It could be the shower thermostat is fighting the boiler controls. Does it still do that on a hot water tap?

Try turning down the boiler water knob while showering.

Tony

It could be the shower thermostat is fighting the boiler controls. Does it still do that on a hot water tap?

Try turning down the boiler water knob while showering.

Tony

It doesn't do it with the hot water tap, only while showering. I tired to turn it down but nothing happen.

Has it always been like this on the shower?

I have the same boiler and had the same problem with my shower. My shower was fed from a cold water tank which was low pressure. The low pressure meant that not very much hot was mixed in by the shower unit and the boiler wasn't detecting that water was being used, so it kept turning off until the pressure dropped enough to trigger it.

Oddly the rubbish old ideal boiler didnt have this problem.

Sponsored Links
Has it always been like this on the shower?

I have the same boiler and had the same problem with my shower. My shower was fed from a cold water tank which was low pressure. The low pressure meant that not very much hot was mixed in by the shower unit and the boiler wasn't detecting that water was being used, so it kept turning off until the pressure dropped enough to trigger it.

Oddly the rubbish old ideal boiler didnt have this problem.

Is there anyway that I can fix it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back