Worcester 28iRSF hot water does not come on at times.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all plumbers and boiler experts!

Could you please help. I have posted a question before previously and find replies given very helpful.

I have another problem with our boiler (Worcester 28iRSF). When hot water is demanded the fan everything seems to be working but sometimes it is not firing. And if it does fire-up especially when having a shower the hot water suddenly turned off.

Checked is not the water pressure is the boiler actually stop firing and there is no fire to heat up the water. When we bang on the facia controls it sounds like there is a lose connection or a sticky valve. There was a click sound and it starts to fire up.

Most of the time it ignite and then turned off again and a few more bang on the facia control it does the same thing over and over again. When the fire does ignite there is a click sound. Sometimes it stays ignite and sometimes it switch on and off.

PLEASE HELP!! Having hot and freezing cold shower at the same time.

Many thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
It might well be the PCB, usually a dry joint, but it could also be gas related on which I cannot advise as we dont give DIY help on gas issues.

Tony

It might well be the PCB, usually a dry joint, but it could also be gas related on which I cannot advise as we dont give DIY help on gas issues.

Tony

Thanks Agile! We did think it was the PCB. Some other forum from another website suggested it might just be a valve that need replacing which cost only about 8 quid. What is your opinion on that?

Some people will say anything just to get their posting in front of people.

I am a proper boiler engineer and I dont make irrelevant guesses. There is only one wa to correctly diagnose a boiler fault and thats standing in front of it!

A valve costing £8 ? Exactly which valve on a Worcester boiler only costs £8 and could have that effect?

An owner will always jump at a suggestion that the fault might be a cheap part, give thanks too. But whats does he think of the writer when its found not to be the cause?

Tony

Sponsored Links
agile said:
Some people will say anything just to get their posting in front of people.

true and your one of the worst offenders

people want answers not half a page of your inane drivel / price quoting etc

you seem to like quoting the rules try reading RULE 2

you will notice i don't hide my identity cos i don't give a damn :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back