Worcester 28Si II wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I have a Worcester 28Si II combi boiler and want to remove the mechanical timer and fit a wireless receiver and digistat combination.

I am on a tight budget at the moment and have seen a 2nd hand receiver and digistat for sale which was removed from a 24i Junior.

If anyone is familiar with the PCBs of both boilers? I'd like to know if this reciever would work with my 28Si II. (In particular, if it will connect to the PCB Ok.)

Thanks.

P.S. This is the receiver in question:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worcester...HpBJne%2Bs8YVIo6O0Td8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And this is my boiler, if it helps anyone to remember the model:-
http://s943.photobucket.com/user/glowpot/media/IMGP3939_zps1f0422b7.jpg.html

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The receiver part fits inside the boiler front panel and connects to the PCB (see the link I posted).

The receiver shown in the ebay page was removed from a 24i JUNIOR, but my boiler is a 28Si II (with no "Junior" in the model name).

I want to know if the receiver will connect to my 28SI II PCB Ok.

I don't know for certain if it will physically fit (i.e. the same size). I would think it will.
See if you can find the dimensions on Google.

However, electrically it will work.

Sponsored Links
I don't know for certain if it will physically fit (i.e. the same size). I would think it will.
See if you can find the dimensions on Google.

However, electrically it will work.

The physical dimensions are correct (I asked the seller).

I was about to remove the mechanical timer and fit the wireless receiver, but I have noticed the colour of the wires on the wireless receiver plug are different to the wires on the mechanical timer plug.

Can anyone confirm 100% if this means the wireless receiver is not compatible with my boiler circuit board?

See the attached picture for the two plugs next to eachother, plus other pictures to show the receiver and timer.

Thanks.

Could let me know if the difference in wire order is a problem and should stop me from fitting the wireless receiver (as described above).

Mechanical timer = Blue, Red, Black.
Wireless receiver = Red, White, Blue.

Please see the 1st picture (in my previous post) to see the plugs next to eachother.

Hello Glowpot, i hope you got it sorted? I have exactly the same problem with the same wiring. Did you get the receiver to work?

I received my receiver and digistat today product code was 7716 192 050 mine is the smaller receiver for the 24i junior boiler. I have spoke to Worcester on the phone and explained the situation. Looking at the connector ports on my old timer there are 5 ports. The first 2 ports have no wires then the wiring runs black red blue. My new receiver has 5 ports again the first 2 have no wires and then the wires run blue white red. The tech guy there then told me that I had the right receiver and that it will only plug onto the board one way. I asked about the colour of the wires and he said they maybe a different colour but they are only a low voltage and for information only???? and it will be ok. Doesn't sound right to me???? think I'll send in an email with pictures asking them to confirm this? Would love to know if you have resolved the problem.
Regards

Foolproof, if the plug can only go on one way and only into one port then that is the way they've designed it I guess. The different wire colours may be just because it's a different part.

Hi Glowpot....your wiring is the same as mine I have sent pictures to Worcester who have been extremely helpful and have reassured me that it is safe to use. What reassured me was in the manual it says the plug is an ST 5 connection. When you remove your plug from the board it says ST 5 on the board. Have a look on yours it should be the same. Any doubts call Worcester they have been very good. Hope this information has been useful.

I received my receiver and digistat today product code was 7716 192 050 mine is the smaller receiver for the 24i junior boiler. I have spoke to Worcester on the phone and explained the situation. Looking at the connector ports on my old timer there are 5 ports. The first 2 ports have no wires then the wiring runs black red blue. My new receiver has 5 ports again the first 2 have no wires and then the wires run blue white red. The tech guy there then told me that I had the right receiver and that it will only plug onto the board one way. I asked about the colour of the wires and he said they maybe a different colour but they are only a low voltage and for information only???? and it will be ok. Doesn't sound right to me???? think I'll send in an email with pictures asking them to confirm this? Would love to know if you have resolved the problem.
Regards

Hi Hplumb,

Thank you very much for the information, it's good to hear confirmation from someone with the same parts.

Is your boiler the "28Si II"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back