Worcester 29 condenser boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
As the topic heading says, my boiler is not working. The red ignition light is not illuminated.
There is no heating or hot water from boiler (immersion heater is supplying hot water)
I've held the fault button which says there are no fault and reset it a number of times but the light will not illuminate still.
I understand there is no pilot light but is there anything simple I am missing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, welcome to the forum. Does the boiler look like it is waiting for a demand, i.e. not in a fault?

James.

Like like its waiting for the thermostat to tell it that it's cold? (I'm absolutely useless at this sort of thing!)

When you set the controls to bring on the boiler does it make any noise at all or show any change?

You need to test it for both hot water AND heating!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It sound like it starts up and the red ignition like comes on for a few seconds then goes off.
Two heated towel rails come on upstairs and some of the pipes feel warm.
Downstairs nothing happens though and the pipes don't even feel warm.
Thanks

Do it again and hold the hottest outlet pipe and see how hot it gets.

Keep you hand on it for 20 sec after the light goes off.

Tony

It's slightly warm and it's been on for about 30 mins now. Last night it was really hot.
Just noticed there are a few drips coming off one of the pipes... Would it stop working if the condensation tank needed emptying?
Boiler was only serviced a couple of months ago so would it normally fill up that quickly when it hasn't been used?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back