Worcester 30 CDi combi plus controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are planning to change our existing 17years old heating system with something new.

At the moment we are thinking on Worcester 30 CDi combi as it seems good quality and efficiency.

Another reason for this boiler is actual offer for the extended warranty and if we use accredited installer we can actually get warranty for up to 7 years which seems very good.

As I’m not in the boiler business and never actually chosen one I was just wondering if indeed these boilers are good especially good value for money as this is quite important for me.

I hope they selling not only do to the brand name.

So that is my first question second one is we have to choose the controllers for the boiler. One plumber recommended the “optimiser”. After a bit of research on internet I can see that this “optimiser” is just a quite simple programmer with not a lot “extras” beside some pre-heating (which is no interest to me) and other thing which is nothing special. But there is another control available that is a Weather compensation controller which is more advance and actually have a sensor outside and learn how long I takes to heat the house in different outside temp.

My question regarding this Weather compensation controller is does it need any other room thermometer?
As I can see this controller fit on the boiler therefore I would imagine it will need another thermometer in the room itself? Is that correct? And if it is doe this additional sensor comes in the package or is it have to be bought separately?

Second question is does it really work? Does it really control the boiler is any other way than normal controller?
In simply word will I actually save ANY money or is it just a fancy thing to have?

I would be really grateful for an op inion and advice in this matter.

Sponsored Links
These are questions you should really be asking your chosen installer.

After all, it is he that is going to be contractually liable to you.

Worcester 30 cdi is a good boiler and the 7 year deal is worth going for, we have been busy this last few weeks installing WB boilers to catch the deadline.

The FW controller is not the easiest to use, but this goes for all weater comp controllers. Used correctly, it has the potential to save a few percent on your annnual gas bill.

Thanks for your repose Simon.

I appreciate your comments but at the moment we have two guys and they recommend different things.

Regarding the Weather compensation controller one says it is worth as it will save us money another says it is just a fancy thing which might in the future cause more problems than just a standard controller as if anything will go wrong it might be more difficult to repair etc.

That why I was wondering what experience other people had with this controller.

As regarding the quality and value for money with this boiler obviously the Worcester approved installer will recommend them but I was just wondering if they really are that good and they are top of the range or is it a bit more brand trend due to it being part of Bosch.

On heating forums, engineers argue till their blue in the face either for and against weather Comp

The Worcester 30cdi in my opinion is a good boiler

Sponsored Links
Thought that might be the case Terry, it’s always like that when you have something which in fact is hard to verify.

We will probably go with the Weather compensation controller itself as the difference in price is negligible (£5) and I can’t see any drawbacks to FW100 over the DT10RF Optimiser.

Thanks for your opinion regarding the boiler itself we are still considering maybe a slightly bigger unit (37CDi) due to the property size (4 bed detached with bathroom and en suite) but I’m now more comfortable with the brand itself.

They still might be slightly overpriced due to the brand but as it is investment for another many years few £ today will hopefully pay off in the future (especially with the 7 years warranty).

I don't think they are overpriced.

Manufacturers of boilers are in a very competitive market at the moment, they can't afford to be complacent. Glen Dimplex (Halstead) have just announced that they wont compete in this area, and are ceasing gas boiler production.

The DT rf products are made by Drayton and are pretty flakey so the FW unit can only be more reliable.

The 37 CDi would only be worth it if you have the incoming water flow rate to justify it. You will need a bigger gas pipe in the property too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back