Worcester 30CDi - wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boiler approx 12months old and has worked very well untill today, boiler displays EA which means flame not detected - pilot not lighting, how can i test/prove start system, spark ignition and pilot?

I have 'looked' at electrodes which look clean, no signs of corrosion or damage - how can I test?

any help much needed.

Also if I need spare parts, where in Cheshire can I get them. boiler came from Plumbnation who don't seem to stock spares :(

Sponsored Links
might have to, BUT - I bought boiler and installed, my brother (Corgi registered) commissioned and connected gas 4 me, so not sure where I stand with warantee, would just prefer to get it working ASAP if I can, even if I need to buy a few bits - my experience is that it is cheaper and quicker to do it yourself.

Thanks anyway.

Sponsored Links
Seems that so far we all have the same idea. :D :D
Just another example of sod's/murphy's law; boiler works fine for a year, and just when your brother is on holiday, the blooming thing gives up during easter weekend. :rolleyes:

Brother is working away and I have spoken with him, he ha sbeen installling systems for years, but does not repair boilers especially newer ones. Registration - ah well, yes u guessed I still have it in the original bag Darn!! I will be contacting WB on Tuesday to see what help they can give, I have all receipts and cound could get paperwork filled in. allbeit late, which still leaves me cold, he he he - not really funny I know. I'm a bit miffed it has packed up so soon, previous Potterton lasted years with only minor servicing.

Would still like to try and understand what has gone wrong, hopefully I'll get the part and when brother returns he will fit and test - prbably do 1st service while he is here - that wont be until nxt Sat at earliest.

he thinks it could well be the spark ignition, easy to replace but wont know until he tries.

anyone know how to test these things?

might have to, BUT - I bought boiler and installed, my brother (Corgi registered) commissioned and connected gas 4 me, so not sure where I stand with warantee, would just prefer to get it working ASAP if I can, even if I need to buy a few bits - my experience is that it is cheaper and quicker to do it yourself.

Thanks anyway.

Since part of the commissioning process is to complete the Benchmark Certificate, notify the installation to Building Control and complete the Warrantee card and ensure its sent off then one wonders exactly your brother really did do!

Of course I have seen this senario so many times. The relative/friend is asked to do this and agrees so as to be seen to be helpful but in reality is not that happy to be doing work for which he is not getting paid ( or fully ) and so does the absolute minimum he can get away with.

Tony

He installs systems, but can not repair boilers.
You need to find out on the forum what the problem is, and then he can replace the part and service the boiler.

Could it be by any chance that your brother is actually not corgi registered himself, but works for a company where someone else is qualified?
Could that be the reason that you are willing to pay money and wait a week, rather than have wb repair it wednesday for free?

Did he set the CO2 up properly when comissioned? gas valve passing can cause EA, electrodes as mentioned, even seen low pressure for some reason giving an EA

WB's are pap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back