worcester 350

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
c/h flow pipe heats up when there is a demand for hot water. this boiler has two pumps.had cleaner and flushed and new inhibitor done last week.dont know if it was doing this before it was cleaned

Sponsored Links
most cleaners should have stayed in for a month
probably duff diverter

hi the cleaner was only supposed to be in for 8 hours .but left it in for a few days water in it wasnt that dirty.heating fine .as i said it has two pumps so there is no divertor valve.

The boiler will dissipate excess heat into the heating circuit after a hot water demand. If it's doing it during the hot water demand there is a problem within the boiler.

Mike

Sponsored Links
The non return valve in the CH pump may be passing slightly.

Are the rads heating up and do you have poor hot water?? If not then leave well alone!

hi there ive just disconnected the c/h pump from the pcb .the c/h flow pipe doesnt heat up anymore when there is a demand for hot water.so do you think its either the pcb or c/h pump.hot water is alot better know i used have to turn it on and off a few times before it would light with the c/h pump disconnected it starts first time

I love to see your disconnecting items from your boiler without any idea of how or why the do what they do, here is some really good advice.

Call someone that knows what there doing, as you are in danger of having no working boiler.

that is why tradesmen earn so much money in the last week of the year.
xmas gives plenty of extra time for diy adventures

would you want to explain to your mrs why she is starting the year new freezing her tttttiits off?

didn't think so

i see yous guy no nothing about worcester boilers.if i didnt no what i was doing i wouldnt be touching it.when c/h pump diconnected its fine. only looking for a solution to fixing it.all boilers have fuses and saftey cut out switch if you didnt know ?

good luck mate. personally id never rely on fuses and cutouts to protect me. they are to protect the boiler. :rolleyes:

just to let you know boiler now working perfect.problem was faulty external programmer.not bad for a diy,er not .wifes tits nice and warm now. :D lol

Its difficult for me to think of any way a faulty external controller could cause the CH pump to run during a DHW demand!

Can you explain EXACTLY what was wrong with it?

Tony

how is it difficult to understand .single channel programmer controls both pumps .lifestyle lp711.when c/h on hot water was fine.when just a demand for h/w it was tripping c/h pump not fully on but enough for the c/h flow pipe to heat up. now wired just with original operating switch.not heating up anymore.and it was corgi reg who fitted it.hows that?

This is not the boiler which I know.

Perhaps my memory is failing but I recall it as a combi with the control PCB determining which pump is required and the DHW demand takes precedence over the CH.

The central heating external controls are connected to the appropriate connections and not directly to the pump!

Either I dont remember or you have connected your boiler in a non approved way or you have not described it properly.

Tony

how is it difficult to understand .single channel programmer controls both pumps

No it does not. And it should not. HW is not under control of any timer. CH yes but not HW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back