worcester 35cdi hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

my boiler works fine with central heating, and hot water works fine once the heating is on, but as soon as the heating is turned off and i open the tap/shower at high pressure the water is not hot but just little warmer than cold.
i've tried a few things like turning the hot water temp gauge knob to maximum and other things but its the same story.

i have also just tried to open the tap or the shower not at full pressure, that seems to do the trick. but i am having to wash up in small amount of water coming out of the taps.

could it be hot water pump?

plz help me out guys.

Sponsored Links
does the boiler fire up when you turn the water on only at high pressure?

got a smaller version, 30cdi and it did the same.
water too hot then going cold. then stopping on high limit.
apparently worcester know this and later models had a buffer vessel.
firstly dont turn the temp up, that what causes the problem it causes the burner to modulate too quick, ive got mine around 45-42c.
secondly theres a setting in the controler, to give i think its instant hot water, that cured it for me and its fine.
ps this boiler has been discontinued.

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=literature.detail&con_id=127779

Sponsored Links
wdik - the 30 cdi is not a "smaller version" of the questioner's boiler. It's nothing like it. And it probably is NOT the one you've given a link for.

yes the boiler is the one with two pumps

and the boiler demand and flame comes on even if i open the tap half or full. but at full the water is just warm no way at the temperature it should be.

Hi there

Have got exactly the same problem. Have had various plumbers in who have not been able to fix so need help!!

Please can "whatdo i know" explain what the setting in the controller was that could be changed (to give instant hot water) which fixed the problem.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back