Worcester 35cdi - No CH but hot water ok?...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
noticed the other day that hot water seems to work fine but boiler will not respond to call for CH.
when i click for ch i hear the diverter valve moves and what sounds like a relay clicking but no heat and burner doesnt seem to fire.
if i restart boiler a few times it works ok after siphon mode is finished.
any ideas

Sponsored Links
Hi Gents,
OK I have an update.
I have checked the programmer and when it clicks on power is present on the FR terminals inside the boiler control panel.

I also went into the engineer menu to look for the last fault code which was E9.

I researched E9 and it shows as "overheating". The boiler certainly doesn't seem to give any indication that it is overheating but the digital readout is reading 89/90 at times which I do not recall it going that high before? Maybe just me...

Finally i have checked the pump and unplugged it from the board and the cable going into it is live. No idea yet if the actual pump is working or not but feeling the outside of it is certainly is very hot...

Any other things I can check?

A very hot pump is usually one that is jammed and not turning!

See FAQ for what to do next.

Tony

Sponsored Links
No, they would not.

So the pump may be turning but not at full speed.

See the finger test!

It's as if once heating has been on it turns off and won't come on again until a reboot.
Is it worth a reset from the engineer menu?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back