Worcester 9/14cbi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just returned from holiday to find the pilot light out on our Worcester 9/14CBI boiler. I can't seem to get it to light by turning it off & back on. Does this sound like a need a new part as it doesn't seem to be trying to ignite?
Would really appreciate any help on this as we're bloody freezing!!!
Thanks in advance, Matt.

Sponsored Links
This boiler has no pilot and apart from making sure all the controls are calling for heat there is little you can do if not skilled.
Is your pump running and is the boilers fan running?

Hi Pete,
Basically, not much seems to be happening! Thought it was firing up last night when I first put heating on but no heat came. Dropped the cover off this morning & no pilot light & won't ignite by following usual instructions.
Can't hear any noise from the boiler to suggest a pump or fan running?
Guessing its a case of getting an engineer out then?
Thanks, Matt

Is the LH boiler demand light showing on? Have you tried resetting by turning control knob to off and wait 5 secs and turning up again?
Check all these and then if no go then get it checked out. Not a bad boiler.

Sponsored Links
Pete, I don't know how but its come on!! Killed power to boiler, turned back on and demand light & power light were lot (no demand light earlier) Turned to '0' waited a few seconds, turned it back on & bingo!!
And now it's gone off again!!! Can't get the demand light back on now!!!! Aargh!!!!

If the demand light is off then it may well be an external control fault, like a motorised valve, but guessing is no help. A good engineer will sort that out easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back