Worcester 9.24 - clicking noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone out there can help with my Worcester 9.24 please. The problem I have is that sometimes when the timer sends the signal to the boiler to come on, instead of firing up the boiler makes a continuous clicking noise. This can usually be overridden by running the hot tap but it's a bit painful when you get woken up by the noise on a cold morning and then have to get out of bed to turn the tap on. Sometimes the clicking seems to result in the pilot light going out, which is a real hassle to re-light.
Although the boiler is about 15 years old it generally works pretty well so if anyone has any tips on how to fix this problem (rather than get a new boiler) I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Phil

Sponsored Links
As this is apparently a PP model then a failure to light up would often be associated with a faulty PCB or gas valve or something as simple as an APS.

However from the info given all I can do is guess at the likely possibilities without knowing exactly what is clicking!

A competent boiler engineer should be able to identify the fault on site.

Be aware that your boiler is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Tony

I've had it, pcb chatering. Doesn't discount aps as source either. Needs expert. Might be just wet pcb.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony and Paul.

Tony, your log in says you're in London and you're right, I do need a competent engineer to sort it out. The engineers British Gas have sent me under my Homecare agreement are all nice enough (if they turn up) but none of them seem to know anything about this model. The job's yours if you want it! Happy to pay the going rate.

I had a look for PCBs and found this one - do you think it's what I need? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boiler-PCB-Wo...emZ220047982743QQcategoryZ42234QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but is there any way of telling whether it's the PCB or APS (whatever that is)?

Thanks for all your help - really appreciated.

Phil
(sorry if this comes through twice - I'm not being impatient, I'm just new to the site)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back