Worcester 9.26 RSF Electronic = DANGEROUS BOILER ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the Wiki pages I see that it lists this boiler as amongst dangerous ones.

Can anyone expand on precisely what is the dangerous fume letting out bit that it is referring to on this boiler?

Sponsored Links
"Knowledge and special equipment is required to test them.

Anyone without it is strongly advised not to do anything which disturbs the boiler case. Call a Corgi Registered Installer."

Boiler is a positive pressure boiler and if the boiler case fails or the boiler case rusts badly fumes can enter the room

I'm afraid that's still not clear enough on what it is saying is wrong with them.

By case do you mean the outer case or the combustion chamber casing?

I know all boilers need qualified people to test them etc, I'm just concerned that this boiler (that I have) is on a list of dangerous boilers and would like to know what has been identified as the dangerous bit.

Or is this all just the usual hype about ALL boilers needing Corgi engineers to do anything with them?
Because "Knowledge and special equipment is required to test ALL OF them".

It's because it's a positive pressure boiler as gasacs said, generally now regarded as a bit of a stupid idea.

Sponsored Links
So he did, sorry must have not read that bit.

This must be why the damn thing is discontinued too :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back