Worcester / Alpha / Vaillant Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We are looking to have a complete central heating system put into our 3 bed / 1 bathroom semi.

We would like to have a condensing combi boiler servicing 9 radiators and our hot water requirements.

We have had some site surveys done and the one question that I can't seem to get a consistent answer to is which is a good make of boiler. We have been recommended by the different installers Worcester, Alpha or Vaillant boilers, all carrying different price tags.

Now, I appreciate that everyone has their own opinions about such things, but are some boiler brands generally consistently better than others?

Also, one other quick question: TRVs - again, any particular make stand out as a good choice?

Many thanks in advance for your time and advice,

Face

Sponsored Links
Worcester, Alpha or Vaillant boilers,

Now, I appreciate that everyone has their own opinions about such things, but are some boiler brands generally consistently better than others?

Affraid so, now Iam a worcester Bosch fan though I also like the vailants (ecotec) range, Gonna stick my neck out and say get a W/B Greenstar 30SI should come in at around £850/£900

Well Gas 4 U is based in Norwich and may have eaten at that Indian restaurant just under the bridge near the cathedral.

He lives on Vaillants.

Tony

Agile said:
Well Gas 4 U is based in Norwich and may have eaten at that Indian restaurant just under the bridge near the cathedral.
Tony

Do you mean Ali Tandori Tony? If so probably about the best in Norwich ;)

OP any of the 3 boilers you mention fitted properly will be good, Craig swears by his Worcesters, I fit nothing but Vaillants, Paul on here loves his Alphas.

The main thing is to get an installer who will install it correctly and is fitting the same boilers regularly so he knows what he is fitting. The ones to avoid are the ones who go in plumbers merchants and ask 'whats cheapest boiler this week' :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Gas 4 You:

I'm 100% with you on the Ali Tandoori! :)

I have left a message for you on your mobile phone asnwering machine. Perhaps you could get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back