worcester boiler 28cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. my friends boiler is dripping water from the diverter valve assembly.it is also increasing in pressure at the gauge when the system is running i,ve checked the pressure in the expansion vessel and it,s 2 bar.the system is also blowing off occasionally at the tundish.before i change the diverter valve has anyone got any ideas.thanks donametchi

Sponsored Links
Not really the leaking diverter will almost certainly need a new valve unless you like endless ****ing about. Did you take all the pressure out of the system before you checked the expansion vessel?

no the system was sitting at 2bar.would the system pressure rise if diverter valve was gubbed?

The system pressure will rise whilst system is running , this is normal.

Pressure should be set at 1.2 bar

If yours is already 2 bar, then pressure relief will kick in when it rises to 3 bar.

Nothing to do with the leak on the divertor.

Sponsored Links
if
the diverter valve is leaking.would the system still blow off via tundish?
or is there a secondary problem?

You need to check the expansion vessel with NO pressure in the system AND an open end.
That way when you start to pump the air in the water that is in there will have somewhere to go otherwise you end up with all sorts of crap reading.

Your expansion vessel is definatly flat or knackered :!:

Stan

I had a leak on my diverter valve,had to replace the complete valve £80, not to bad - had it fitted in 30 mins - used to lose a lot of water per day,have kept old one to replace old o rings etc,plumber quoted £250 !!!
Boiler is only £700 new!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back