Worcester Boiler, can't fill system!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a worcester boiler, I recently had a leak by a radiator, and the ch system is now empty. I bought a key to re-fill the system but can't get it to work. Each time i turn the grey tap to allow water to flow, it comes straight through the middle of the key!

Can you help? I'm cold!

Sponsored Links
You haven't pushed up the key far enough for it to seal.

Also, the lugs on the key need to be aligned first, or you won't be able to push it up. Once in place, turn the key to lock it.

I pushed the key up as far as i could, but could not get it to lock, when i twisted it i felt minimull resistance, and it just kept turning. lugs look to have worn on edges even though the key was brand new!

Help!

Torch / mirror / get-yet-head-underneath, and determine where the lugs should be in order for the key to fit.

Also, there are two sizes of key. Have you made sure that you're using the correct one?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back