Worcester boiler lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help, my worcester danesmoor 18/ 25 boiller goes straight to lockout . it has happened 3 times previously over the last 6 years and every time i have changed the coil on the danfoss burner and this has solved the fault but changed it today and no luck.the benetone control box is flashing ....stedy red then 3flashes,2 flashes and then steady red.Any theories would be really welcome thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have oil?
Is there a filter to get blocked?
Does it fire before going to lockout?
When was it last serviced?

help, my worcester danesmoor 18/ 25 boiller goes straight to lockout . it has happened 3 times previously over the last 6 years and every time i have changed the coil on the danfoss burner and this has solved the fault but changed it today and no luck.the benetone control box is flashing ....stedy red then 3flashes,2 flashes and then steady red.Any theories would be really welcome thanks

Ihave oil and the filter is clean,it doesnt attempt to fire at all,times/ locks out within 5 secs, serviced 1 year ago

Remove the photocelland unplug it from the lead. Try starting it up, if it fires and then locks out, that is you problem

Sponsored Links
while the photocell is out you could measure the light and dark resistance.

Tony

many thanks for the suggestions, the thermostat seemed to have stuck, i moved the front dial and then heard a click , i reset the lockout button once more and it has worked ok since

The only fault that causes lockout is flame failure, or lack of flame detection. A fault on the thermostat will not cause lockout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back