worcester boiler not working :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I am new to this forum and am after some advice on my boiler problem.

We have a Worcester Greenstar RI condensing boiler that stopped working last night. No hot water or heat t all. The boiler is approx 3/4 years old.

The boiler starts up - then immediately the blue light goes out and starts flashing slowly. The green power light also fails to light. The pipe exiting outside from the boiler is not blocked.

I have tried resetting several times, but this does not help.

We have a (very basic) Sunvic control panel for it which operates both hot water and heating at same time (not independently). I have reset this aswell, but now, when the 'on all time' button is pressed, it clicks on and off repeatedly.

Was trying to see if there was a simple fix before calling someone out - any ideas?

Any help at all greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Check the fault finding guide to your boiler.
From the description if could be overheating
maybe the pump has failed. Other possibility is ignition failure.

hi dcawkwell

thanks for the reply - i checked the manual but no detail on what codes are - just says to call Worcester.....

Could a faulty control unit (the sunvic one channel thing) cause this fault? As its seems to be behaving erratically....

are you reading the user manual?

the installation and servicing manual is more detailed.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes the service manual had more info and a diagram showing the stages the boiler goes through.......looks like an ignition lock out.

Probably best to leave to the professionals so have an engineer coming out to look at it tomorrow.....

i will post the outcome so this post can be used for others (noticed alot of people dont do this which is annoying....)

Thanks for all the responses so far.

It won't be your fan failing because the boiler wouldn't try to fire are all! Plus the light would flash fast not slow. Could be your gas valve or even the pipe from the gas valve to the fan split. You need an engineer to check that the pcb is making a spark and also check that the gas valve is opening. I've even known the spark electrodes to be out of position causing the boiler not to light bug my money would be on your gas valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back