Worcester Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Worcester Greenstar 30CDi which has been in place about a year.

Every so oftern the hot water will run cold half way through a shower, if I look at the boiler, the burner light is off. Leave it a while and it will start working. At the moment it has stopped doing it.

Also on the heating side the system never seems to really hot get hot. It comes on the pipes upstaires get very hot and it goes off. after a while it comes back on then gets hot, then off again.

Sponsored Links
if it is only one year old, get your installer back to rectify the problem. the first thing i would look at is the ph. if that is off, the last engineer who worked on it would seem to have made a booboo

Sponsored Links
With regard to the heating, its difficult for me to interpret the technical problem but it could be that you have a small number of rads and the installer should have set the maximum CH output to the lowest possible setting.

It seems such a commonly seen mistake to use a boiler which is totally oversized. I have twice in the last couple of weeks seen 30 kW heat only boilers used in semis where a 12kW or 15kW would have been correct. the boiler just comes on for a few minutes and then goes off for a five minute anti cycle delay.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back