Worcester-Bosch 28CDi - No Hot Water Flow to Taps!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a bath last night and no problem with hot water supply (or cold) to the taps.

This morning I wanted a wash before going to work and low and behold, there was NO WATER coming from the hot tap. It wasn't even running cold - just NOTHING coming from the tap!! I checked all upstairs/downstairs taps incase of airlock or something - but NONE of the hot taps would produce water - hot or cold.

Cold water taps no problem - so no freezing supply water issues here.
There are no indications coming from the 28CDi to say there is a fault and no indication that the hot water red light is on.

I have noticed since we have moved in the house (the boiler was barely a year old at this point), the hot water flow was never 'brilliant'. Certainly not as 'strong' as the cold water taps flow. But at least it has been consistant. The boiler is about 6 years old now.

The central heating works absolutely fine and perfectly normal, so at least we can keep warm, even if we can't have a wash with any hot water!

This is strange. Anybody shed some light on this for me?

Sponsored Links
No obvious answer!

The usual way to diagnose would be to open a joint at the inlet to boiler and then work back or forward.

Tony

My wife has just phoned me to say that the hot water is now running again!

However, she did say when it first started some 'yellow stuff' came out of the tap first.

What the hell could this be????

Baffled by this one!

Sponsored Links
My wife has just phoned me to say that the hot water is now running again!

However, she did say when it first started some 'yellow stuff' came out of the tap first.

What the hell could this be????

Baffled by this one!

crap from inside the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back