Worcester Bosch 28i Diverter Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch 28i combi boiler. The problem I have is that the central heating works ok, but the hot water does not. If I switch the hot water on, the boiler doesn't heat the water up. If I switch the central heating on for around 20 minutes, and then switch the hot water tap on, then I get hot water.

I had someone come around, and he thinks it may be the diverter valve, and it will cost £250. Is this the likely cause of the problem, and is £250 a reasonable price, to pay for the part and labour for putting in a new diverter valve?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
£250 is a reasonable price to supply and fit a diverter valve to a combi.
The only problem with your boiler is that it doesn't have one!!!
It has a dual pass heat exchanger. More likely to be a flow switch fault.

Thanks for the response, that is weird that he's quoting me to fit something the boiler doesn't have. Seems like it may be more expensive that first imagined if it needs the parts you mentioned.

You seem to have called a real cowboy!

It could well be a flow switch and they are about £25. But it could also be the PCB at about £250.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for all the responses. Do either of you live near Birmingham or know anyone who could do this work, and provide a quote please?

Hi, thanks for all the responses. Do either of you live near Birmingham or know anyone who could do this work, and provide a quote please?

If you're looking for a 'quote' you'll end up with the same result. Proper engineers usually have a rate. Failling that you could go with a fixed price provider. The fixed bit being very high to offset jobs they lose on.

I had someone go out today, and they fitted a new flow switch, and the problem went away, but when he closed the boiler cover, the hot water stopped working again.

He thinks it could be the rectification switch, or the board. I can see this is turning into an expensive job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back