Worcester Bosch 28i Junior 'Ignition Lockout' - ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a 28i boiler fitted to my old heating system last year... A few months ago started redectorating and removed a few radiators. I turned the boiler off, and a few months later after a holiday and finally getting things put back together I filled the system and turned the boiler back on last week.

I've bled all the air out of the system, but now when the heating is running the system locks out and goes to a light sequence I've identified from the manual as 'ignition lockout'.

If I run the hot water, this works fine and the boiler stays running as long as the hot water runs.

If I stop, it will re-light (the green light goes on/off) a few times then lock out again.

The manual suggests checking the flue - I'm not sure what to check (though I have checked no birds have nested whilst it's been off!) but all looks fine, and I can't see why it would work for the hot water only.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not dure about this particular model but quite often the burner pressures can be different for hot water and heating. hot water will ramp up quite quickly to its maximum to provide for the high demand. heating can quite often stay at a very low pressure for 2 minutes or so and if it is wrong can have more of a chance to not hit the detection electrode properly.

i dont honestly think there is anymore you can do and would advise you to get someone competent to look at it.

If it was only fitted last year then call Worcester, if your installer registered it with them when he fitted it then it will be covered by a 2 year guarantee.

Yeah , ring worcester, does sound like could be a blockage in HX though need more info really

Sponsored Links
Could be lack of flow. The Worcester I series only use the pump for heating, which could explain why dhw is fine but heating locks out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back